Every Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. we gather for prayer and meditation. Our traditional service with the chancel choir and pipe organ begins at 10:00 a.m. Throughout the liturgical year we enhance worship with drama, special readings, and video. We follow an order of worship to provide a meaningful experience:
- We gather around the Word (Call to Worship)
- We hear the Word Proclaimed (Scripture Readings, Sermon)
- We respond to the Word (Offering of Gifts and Prayers)
- We seal the Word (Sacraments) – We celebrate the Lord’s supper once a month.
- We are sent into the world (Mission and Service)
We encourage participation in worship using lay readers, ushers, and greeters. We gather for fellowship following the service.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these”: Matthew 19:14. Children ages 4 through 5th grade are invited to a special service in the Chapel after the children’s sermon. Through this program children experience God through story telling, parables, sacred stories, and liturgical lessons. They are invited to explore through creative thinking and expression. We use the Godly Play curriculum.
The choir provides inspirational leadership for the worship service. Rehearsals are every Wednesday evening, September through May. All are welcome to participate.